About The Friends of the Southwest Virginia Museum
The Friends of the Southwest Virginia Museum organization was founded in 2005 and established as a 501 C 3 non-profit in 2007. The group is a membership organization that meets monthly to plan and promote activities to support the efforts of the museum. The group has initiated or promoted a number of projects including:
- Assisting with rotating and off-site exhibits, public programs and special events.
- Hosting the annual music festival “Gathering in the Gap.”
- Sponsoring the annual Hoots & Haints Family Festival, Festival of Trees events and historical Bus Tours
- Assisting in setting up the museum’s virtual exhibit room.
- Providing needed equipment , supplies and support for the museum’s programs.
- Providing assistance to the museum by hosting various volunteer groups throughout the year.
- Host a Facebook page and websites for the museum and the Gathering in the Gap Festival.